11 October 2013

About Nothing in Particular and Everything in General

This blog is not about scuba diving or wet sand, or any sand for that matter but as I sit here listening to equinox winds howling outside and cold spring showers periodically sheeting horizontally against the building I wistfully think back to 2005 and somewhere a long way away.
The Republic of Maldives, where I worked for the government for six months, and in my leisure time scuba dived in warm, clear water (There is not a lot else to do in the Maldives).  This photo was taken by my dive buddy Rowan Duval, who insisted that I be his model on each dive.  I must have been the least photogenic dive model he's had, and I'm sure I never made it in to any of his magazine articles but it was a memorable experience and it provided a nice counterbalance to working on the densely populated island city of MalĂ© in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment